By Somya Bansal
We all consider that Disneyland is the happiest place on Earth but do you know about the happiest country in all of Asia? And No, it’s not some huge first world country but a small country just above India and next to Nepal, Bhutan. Nestled amongst the towering peaks and mountains, it is also the eighth happiest country in the world and here are some interesting facts about it.
- In 1974 the king decided to measure the growth of the country in terms of happiness (Gross National Happiness) and not in terms of Gross Domestic Product.
- The citizens of the country have to wear the traditional dresses at all the formal events and places even children going to school.
- Bhutan is one of those few countries that has never been conquered in its entire mankind history because of their skills to negotiate.
- Being one of the greenest countries in the world, Bhutan absorbs more carbon dioxide than it generates making it a ‘carbon sink’.
- Also Bhutan is the only country in the world where the sale of tobacco is banned.