By Madhusree Chowdhury
Prague is an exotic destination to anyone who is planning a Europe trip. The city of Hundred Spires known for its historic significance and the towering churches is a bucket list destination for many, and hence, of course, there must be things that you are wondering about when you actually reach the city. Here are the top 10 things you must do when you visit the Capital of the Czech Republic:
- Visit Infant Jesus located in Mala Strana. Also called ‘the child of Prague’ this 16th-century idol is a highly visited pilgrimage spot.
- Explore Around Old Town Square
- See the Astronomical Clock in action
- Have a lovely evening walk across the famous Charles Bridge
- Visit Josefov, a Jewish Ghetto.
- Definitely visit the city’s biggest attraction, the Prague Castle in Hracandy.
- Explore the various treasure that awaits tourists at St. Vitus Cathedral. It is located within the Prague Castle grounds itself, and looks very old, though it was completed in 1929.
- Taste the amazing local cuisine, especially Koleno, or Pork Knuckle. The beer marinated pork served with Czech bread and pickled vegetables are a must have for all meat lovers.
- Check out The Lenon Wall. The birthplace of one of the greatest legends in the music industry has an entire wall dedicated to John Lenon as well as the Beatles. This is a must see of any music enthusiast.
- Be a spectator in a puppet show. The people of the city love their puppets, and the best way for you, as a tourist to know about their culture is through one of these amazing shows.
These are the top ten things you definitely should not miss out on if you are planning a visit to this lovely ancient city.