Stuck between a scheduled date night and an impromptu plan with an old-friend couple asking to meet? Double date night won’t be a bad idea. But make sure to remember these rules before you head for the double date.
- Make sure your partner is okay with the other couple. Run it by your partner before you make any concrete plans with them.
- Include everybody in the conversation or participate in a group activity so that no one feels left out.
- Cut the PDA to a minimal level. Nobody wants to see it anyway.
- Don’t start fighting over silly things in front of the other couple. It doesn’t get more awkward than that.
- Don’t get drunk alone. If you’re ordering, order for everybody. Nothing ruins a night taking care of a drunk person.
- Meet at the place so that at the end of the night everybody gets to go home without anyone being a designated driver.